Job Title: Technical and Application Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager Location: King of Prussia
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing support for field engineers, mechanical installers and end users. Core duties include application, selection, costing, development of bill of materials, and writing technical specifications of specialized HVAC equipment.
The role will provide technical support for all products installed throughout the customer base in a 3 state area. The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, direct consultation and assures prompt, courteous, and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up and technical expertise. The successful candidate will also need a clear understanding of when to escalate more complex and urgent issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of products and how apply them (after training)
- Communicates effectively with other team members concerning project management process.
- Responsible for general administrative functions to support the equipment fulfillment process.
- Order entry
- Responsible for generating, interpreting and printing various assigned reports.
- Work for Application, Sales, Engineering, and Field Service personnel
- Answer incoming requests and seeing them through to completion
- To give excellent service that is key to our customer experience of the service provided
- Provide technical support solving problems for customers on multiple products
- Complete detailed reports listing technical assistance requests
- Handle, Research, diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- To resolve requests in a timely manner
- Educate customers as necessary to proactively enable them to resolve issues
- Utilize the organization’s tools and knowledge base and collaborate with team members to complete tasks
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer skills. Typical office applications and have the ability to learn and apply proprietary software programs.
- Understanding and strong application experience with cooling, heating, dehumidification, and purification of air systems
- Create real value for the customer in every interaction
- Have desire, ability, and the humility to appreciate, apply and share learnings to improve self and others
- Aptitude to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and do the right thing during stressful situations
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Associates or higher Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineer with 2 years of experience working with HVAC systems
- 2+ years of work experience in a technical support role
- Previous CRM work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of commercial building standards (ASHRAE, LEED, Regional codes)
- Strong knowledge of calculating building loads and sizing fans, refrigeration, dehumidification systems
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Experience in application of mechanical systems.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Will be required to work in an office environment and possibly, occasionally in the field.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. H.C. Nye Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer