Job Title: Service Technician
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Reports to: Service Team Leader Location: Harrisburg, PA
Performs electrical and mechanical inspection, start-up and maintenance on the equipment. Must be customer service oriented and work well with others. Position requires a high level of correspondence Project Managers, Coordinators and Customers. Candidates must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced & high volume environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspection and maintenance on equipment to ensure peak performance.
- Perform specific preventative maintenance including belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment.
- Uses experience and technical skills with preventive maintenance and system operations to determine service requirements.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location and operation of the system(s).
- Represents the company in a positive manner to other trades, contractors and owners.
- Advises owner/representative of preventive maintenance inspections performed and corrective actions to be taken.
- Suggest additional services that are beneficial to customer.
- Works in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Submits required paperwork to Service Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work overtime/ weekends, as required.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Moderate PC skills in Microsoft Office 2007 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have current HVAC certification and OSHA 10 Training and 5 years experience working as a Service Technician in commercial HVAC environment.
- Clear Driving Record with current valid license required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and prioritizing multiple tasks.
Will be required to work in a field environment, multiple customer sites on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is continually required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. H.C. Nye Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer